We proudly support our KAT artist, Christopher Deviney. By using malletKAT, he arranged Imaginary Day, Duo Concerto for Vibraphone, Marimba, and Orchestra, based on the music of Pat Metheny. The Philadelphia Orchestra performed the piece with the soloists, Christopher and She-e Wu.
1. Which KAT instrument do you play?How many octaves?
I play the malletKAT Grand, 4 oct.
2. How long have you been playing malletKAT?
I've been playing it for 3-4 months.
3. What do you like about it?
malletKAT is only instrument that can translate a synthesized sound source to a mallet keyboard format.
4. What was the reason you chose to use malletKAT for the mvt. 3 of Duo Concerto for Vibraphone and Marimba?
It was the only way I could replicate a simulation of Metheny's signature guitar synth sound; my homage to Pat. malletKAT absolutely stimulated my creative sense.
5. Did you use your own sound? Or did you use internal sound?
I used a sound that was created through Reason.
6. What was She-e Wu’s reaction?
She very pleasantly surprised at how close I got.
malletKAT is the only way you can replicate a simulation of a virtuoso.